JVC TT-101 Won't Stop

The Stop button on my recently purchased QL-10 doesn't work. It worked at first after the TT warmed up, but then quit completely. I since have replaced all 37 electrolytic caps on 3 boards, but it made no difference. The power voltages are correct. The button itself is fine and shorts pins 6 and 9 of the P8 connector on the main board, but the motor doesn't stop. What could be wrong? Any particular transistor or adjustment? Please help! -Alex
safesphere
Wouldn't it be a great thing to use the TT-101 schematic and build new PCB's that we could transfer the hard to find IC's to and then populate the rest with all new components, then place this new circuit in it's own box and connect with an umbilical cord to the motor, like the big Technics?

It'd be great but you'd want to shoot yourself before you finished.  There would be many pitfalls.  Some of these circuits are affected by lead length, just to begin with. Also, it is a trick to get a multiple pin IC off a PCB and then successfully transplant it to a second PCB and have it work.  Plus, you'd have to have the new PCBs made in advance, of course.  It would be a heroic effort, either way.
Yes you would need someone with enough knowledge to design PCB properly but the making of them is easy once designcompleted, and not so expensive. 

R&R of the IC's I agree is not easy and not without risk.  Acquiring a supply of these would make this a go for me.  Calibration, service would be much simplified and these beasts would survive much longer this way.
Some of these circuits are affected by lead length, just to begin with.

are you sure of 100% of what you say?
It would be a heroic effort, either way.

surely; but once the master is done the road is all downhill