JVC TT-101 Won't Stop

The Stop button on my recently purchased QL-10 doesn't work. It worked at first after the TT warmed up, but then quit completely. I since have replaced all 37 electrolytic caps on 3 boards, but it made no difference. The power voltages are correct. The button itself is fine and shorts pins 6 and 9 of the P8 connector on the main board, but the motor doesn't stop. What could be wrong? Any particular transistor or adjustment? Please help! -Alex
safesphere
@gary7 what is SM? You have also replaced cables?  I notice that some seem new or fairly recent.

I would like to delete all the wiew wrap contacts and connect pins with contacts to detach; this would facilitate further maintenance by excluding all the tangle of cables.
Sorry, SM stands for service manual, as OM is for owners manual. I did not replace any cables. vinylengine.com is a great resource for turntable info and manuals.
Wouldn't it be a great thing to use the TT-101 schematic and build new PCB's that we could transfer the hard to find IC's to and then populate the rest with all new components, then place this new circuit in it's own box and connect with an umbilical cord to the motor, like the big Technics?