JVC tt-101 repair

Got a JVC QL-10 with a 120V TT-101. Speed is wonky. Sometimes plays fine, sometimes spins a 1000 RPM, somtimes runs forward & then backward. Could use some help.
128x128gary7
What I have now will do till I get more adventurous. Should be fine with the weight of carts I have. From that site, it seems the outer tube does screw onto the brass shaft. But the collar on the gimbal housing allows the brass to turn, so the outer tube won't screw out, or tighten down.  There are 2 tiny set screws bellow the collar that must hold the collar in place, but I'm kinda worried I'd strip them out.
But is it possible that the engine of my TT101 is without torque? The plate stops only to rest a finger!

The Technics Sp 10 mk2 is a tank in comparison!

@best-groove

Same with my both Luxman PD-444 turntables, there is no immediate stop like on Technics. Also the torque is not so high on start. But this is just another concept of the DD turntables. It has nothing to do with the fidelity or speed stability. Technics is just a monster of torque.  

The plate stops only to rest a finger!
@chakster 

it's not like you say .... my TT101 engine has no torque at the start and not even when it has reached the standard speed ... in short, it never has torque; is enough a fan focused on the platter and stops.

I think that to understand well, each other it will be necessary to publish a video on youtube
Post removed