Just retired and want to get back to vinyl listening

I'm reeducating myself.... after years of no TT and focusing on just stereo listening.. I had a some early Klipsch Hersey’s and some GENESIS speakers pair with Yamaha receiver and low end turntable 30-40 years ago -- I can afford a higher end setup this days -- so what are thoughts on pairing a luxman l-550axII with Klipsch cornwalls?

I like the Herseys for music in the day.. cornwalls seem to be larger herseys but may well need audtion some of the tower types folks seem to tout..

I still thinking on TT -- but may get a VPI scout or prime -- thinking through the cartridge choices and other things is still a serious education -- recc?

music taster are varied -- jazz to singer vocalist miles davis - linda Ronstadt and a host of others for vocal musics and instruments- soft rock of the 70-80s- to some classical

thoughts -- looking to 15-20K for the refit for stereo listening - but could stretch some if I like the setup

steventoney
There are good reasons to go to numerous dealers and try to piece together your system.   The tough thing about starting from scratch is it's so hard to try out components at dealers because there are fewer than 10, 20, 30 years ago.   It could be really hard to go hear the Luxman with Cornwalls together.  But, the good news is you can audition them in your own space, which is ideal as you can hear them together where they will sit. 

You could, for example, buy the Luxman (say L550 @ $5500) (they are superb amps) and get a new Technics 1200, and the Cornwalls. (~$4k) and jump right in.  Many Luxman's have very decent (if not really, really good) phono preamps so you'd be good to go out of the gate. You could certainly buy the Luxman at a vendor like Musicdirect.com that offers no questions asked returns.  Crutchfield may sell the Cornwalls with a fantastic return policy too. 

Full disclosure:  I have the Technics 1200 GAE and it's superb--but most owners of their own gear say that.  It's built like a tank, is not prone to footfall noise, and is a dream to set up and operate. 

not necessary -- but I’m fairly sure I want integrated amp of very good quality versus separates in my starting setup -- I put out some thoughts as a starting discussion to see where the conversation went to help give me some ideas... given where I’m moving to -- I’m expect I’ll have to order online - whether new or used.. another data point -- I did visit a friends home recently -- that retired from my same office recently and he had a VPI scout - audio research pre and amp- some home built speakers and separate phone stage -- He is one that pointed me at this site and has sold and bought here -- . I did decide then I wanted an integrated amp highly rated a - a/b amp for just fewer pieces as a start... hence the insertion of the luxman strawman

thanks
@steventoney, 

Look at this link:  https://www.musicdirect.com/integrated-amp/luxman-l-550ax-integrated-amp-demo

You can get an open box demo Luxman L550ax for $3745.  That's a solid price.  That seem like a great place to start your system. You could even cart this around to hear speakers at dealers. Or, you could just take the plunge on the Cornwalls.  
@steventoney,

Congratulations on your retirement!

While you’re out and about auditioning components, may I suggest to audition the Audio Research GSi75....

http://www.audioresearch.com/en-us/products/integrated-amplifiers/gsi75

Cheers!