Just received shipment of my Magnepan LRS’s

Yesterday I took delivery of my Magnepan LRS’s. I am powering them with a Rogue Audio Sphinx 2 through Stealth Audio MLT speaker cables. Sources are a Rega RP6 and an Oppo BDP 105. I know that these speakers have a long way to go to break in, but what great soundstaging, decay, depth and lifelike imaging. Can’t wait to see how they are doing in 6 months. This is my 3rd set of Maggies and I am tickled to have their sound back in my home.
thomasj
I am interested in how the LRSs compare to the Magnepans you used in the past. What were they?  Like many I started with MMGs and moved up to 1.7s.  My Son uses the MMGs now.
I started with MG 2B’s powered by CJ P-V and MB75 tubed electronics, and a Rega Planar 3 table in 1980. Later. I got 1.6 R’s powered by AR electronics and a Basis table. These LRS are clearer and better imaging than either of my previous Maggies. I have a Goldenear Forcefield sub that I will try to integrate with them to take the burden off the woofer panel and add to the bass punch which, by the way, is pretty durn good already. Thanks for asking. 

I received mine a few days ago. I would say at the price point it is the best choice if you are willing to spend the money on amplification. They are pushing my McIntosh Mc452 fairly hard. 

That’s quite a powerhouse to be pushing them. Can imagine the sound is in line with the current! Nice pairing.