Just purchased Usher Be-718. Need Help with Setup

I've just purchased Usher Audio's Be-718. So now I'm researching on speaker stands so far i've only found a few...

There are two from Usher: 708 and 728 spearker stands
I really like the fact that they are adjustable (because I'm also shopping around for a new listening chair...)
but only thing that bugs me is the fact that the wood doesnt quite match the Be-718. (my brother has the 728stands)

Then there are Sound Anchors (custom made for Be-718). Comes in 3&4 post flavors. Never seen them in person, but they look sturdy enough to support a truck.

And I've also found Solid Steel SS series. I really like the way they look. I've seen their equipment racks and heard great things about them. http://www.solidsteel.it/

To Be-718 owners: What stands are you using??

Anyone with experience with Sound Anchors/Solid Steel speaker stands?

What other stands should I look into?

Ofcourse acoustic/build quality comes first, but as far as price, I would like to keep them under $500. $600 is my screaming point. Never knew good stands could cost so much... Any more than that, maybe i should considered getting floor stand speakers instead of stand-mount.
spoolyt

Showing 4 responses by spoolyt

Since Be-718's port is in the front. Is it more forgivable when placed near front wall?

Right now they are about 10" from my front wall. I would like to bring them closer to listening position, but speakers would be too in-my-face. And for an asymetrical room, i am very limited on where i can place my system.

If I realy want to bring them further from wall, if was to do that, I would really need to take my system to another room.
Telescope,

I am leaning toward Sound Anchors custom Be-718 23" stand. They advertise them as acoustically dead. Prefilled. The top surface is 7.75"w X 14"d that is almost entire base of the BE-718. It was hard for me to find a stand w/ big enuf top plate. BE718 is pretty big.

If you want to bolt Be718 to stand, Core reply to me and told me they can redrill their top plate to fit Be-718, provided that you give 'em the measurements.

But i was considering using Audio Points in between Speaker and stand. http://www.starsoundtechnologies.com/2ap7d.html

My ear level is about 36" off the ground when i sit in my chair. w/ 23" stand, spikes, Audio Point, would put the tweeter at my ear level.

i'm in process of rearrange my entire house to make a Hifi ONLY room... but stands are a must! My 10year old BestBuy stands are not getting things done!
By the way Sound Anchor sent me their on file blue print of 23" 4post + 24" 3post Be-718 stands. If you want i can foward them.