Just Ordered New Speakers

I just put the order in for a pair of Golden Ear Triton Reference Speakers. I was able to get the first production run which should be shipping sometime in May. They will replace my Triton 1 speakers which will be moved upstairs to my secondary system. Presently I have Triton 2 in my secondary system, so those will go on the market once my new speakers come in. I bought these without hearing them, but since I already own both the 1 and 2, I am positive I will love them. They all have the GE house sound which I like very much.

Now the long wait and anticipation begins

128x128stereo5
RACKON gotta love the help. My auditioin down south did not have the subs on.Maybe the rotel was good.He was pushing the paradigms that day too.R.W.They did offer to set up for a future audition.
Rick, our dealer was pushing Paradigms too. (Discount with trade in etc.) No go for me. After 30+ years in audio, I am not easy to impress. The Ones impressed me.
So today May 27, 2017 I saw and heard the Triton Reference up-close-and-personal. Elegant and awesome are just some of the accolades I can think of! They dwarf the Triton One from a physical perspective. You can see that in the photos I've posted on the GET forum where the two of them are visible together. 
https://www.goldenear.com/forum/Triton-Towers/3483-new-triton-reference-speakers?start=96

From a sound perspective they do indeed have that “signature voice” and overall sound quality many Triton One owners have come to know, love and frankly – expect – from Golden Ear.

Various music (all digital including but not limited to SACD and 24bit/48k) was played through a McIntosh MA5200 and Marantz SA-14S1 initially, and then through a Musical Fidelity M6si and Blue Sound Vault. All of it sounded spectacular!

As to my initial impressions of sound comparison to the Triton One, Golden Ear states that the Reference sub-woofers have 40% more surface area than that of the T1, and the tweeter incorporates 50% more magnet material. I can honestly say that in my opinion a fair representation could be thought of as each Reference basically sounding like one and half Triton One’s. Essentially, the sound is remarkably similar to the One’s, just more of it! Again, this is my initial impression and without “critical” listening.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the grill covering the passive radiators can easily be removed, and are held in place with magnets. Very nice. I wish the same or similar were the case for the front grill, because I do like to look at the drivers at times for whatever reason.

The front grill cloth and grill appear identical to that of the T1. The piano gloss finish essentially makes much of the speaker look like the finish of the base (or top cover on the T1), and that does give it an “expensive” (in my opinion) look.

Only other thing I can add is I can’t wait to receive my pair in July!

They look much bigger than I thought.  I hope they don't get my wife in a hissy fit as they are going in the living room in the same spot the Triton Ones are in now.  This was a nice tease, thank you.  Can't wait till July for mine to come in.
UPDATE

As of this writing, I have reason to believe:

"First containers are on schedule and due in our warehouse mid to late next week!!"