Just got ruined by a pair of Treo CTs

So, went down to my local hi-fi shop today and they just so happened to have a pair of Treos with the carbon tweeters on display. He put on a Donald Fagen record and my jaw dropped, the top end was just...blissful... just perfect. Hard to describe.
Immediately afterward I heard the magnepan 3.7. while sounding great, the Treos sounded substantially better IMO.
Ok..so was planning to get a brand new pair of model 2s at some point, now I'm not so sure. The Treos CTs cost $8500. Oh dear...
bstatmeister
Last Saturday I was at the T.H.E. SHOW in Irvine, CA and went in the room that carries Vandersteen Speakers and saw that they were demoing the Treo CT, I was really surprised at how the Treo CT sounds was, it so happen Richard Vandersteen himself was there in the room, I told him I thought my Current Vandersteen 2CE Sig II sounded really good, but the Treo CT is in another level, just simply amazing. I told Richard I am now considering selling my 2CE Sig II and get the Treo CT, he smiled and said yes that I will not be disappointed, he also said what I’m hearing now is not fully broken in yet and it will get even more better.
How much extra is the bird's eye maple on average? I just realized the $8400 does not included the maple and that it is an added cost. (of course the higher priced one has to be my favorite option)
The Treo CT is a wonderful speaker.  I can certainly understand how you got "ruined" by a pair.  Myself, I was ruined by a pair of Vandersteen Quatro CTs about a year and a half ago.  I listened to them at a dealer and compared them to Proac and Wilson.  There was not a bad speaker in the bunch but at the end of the day I found the Vandersteen to fit my budget and my ear the best.  If I had gotten the Treo I knew that eventually I would want a sub(s). Having always had a sub in my system I knew I would miss the deep bass... so I splurged for the Quatro with the built in subs.  I have never enjoyed the music from my system as much as I have over the past year and a half with the Quatro.
Bstat.... birdseye is brutal $$$ , Made the $600 upcharge for Ambrosia Maple a pawltry thing......
all driven by rarity and the market for really fine veneers... price changes every day

miket- yes they did sound good at The Show and I was there for a bit visiting with RV, buying records, drinking a margarita and checking out the cars....The Treo were in 
kind of a phone booth sized room, so they are capable of so much more :-)

Heck, go all out and have them painted in any auto color you want, lol.  I paid a big upcharge for Audi Havana Black and have not looked back.. I then spend 100 extra and installed a 4" down light can above each speaker, lol.

I will then install a separate 30amp power line, grounded separately behind each speaker using the brand new Furetech nano carbon outlets, lol behind each speaker so you can't see the power cords, lol....  I had to make them look their best of course.  Wife is happy about the set up.  

I now am saving for the Vandersteen mono blocks to go with them.  I don't have a choice......;).