just got a rega mira 2000...need a good cdp

Hi all,

I'm new to this audiophile stuff. I've looked at many posts on audiogon both before and after purchasing my speakers and amp. This past weekend, I went to 5 dealers in the bay area, and ultimately ended up getting a rega mira 2000 amp and a pair of epos els 3 mini monitor speakers. For now, I'm using a cheap sony dvd player as a source, but would like to upgrade in the next couple of weeks.

In the store, I heard the mira connected to either a planet or jupiter, and it sounded amazing. I especially love the smoothness of the sound...very nice on all vocals! The epos speakers match really well with the mira, and they were only $300. I also heard acoustic energy, triangle, and usher speakers in the $500, but liked the epos sound a lot more. The cables I got were the ones they used in the store on the demo units, so I assume they are decent enough for me right now...I don't really know what brand they are, though.

Anyway, my budget is around $500 for a cd player. I am sort of leaning towards a used planet, just because that's what i heard in the store. However, I have read a lot of good things about the music hall cd-25.

Any suggestions? Thanks for all your help!
kiwiman

Showing 1 response by jetkitty

You can't go wrong with a Rega Planet or Jupiter, and you've already stated that you like the combo.

Good luck!