Just bought a Cary 303/200 ... very neutral ...

I just bought a Cary CDP 303/200 and it just sounds ...well if I have to use one word for it then I would say it is very neutral. Compare to my previous Nad541i, it appears to be a lot more, and I mean a lot more, energetic. I am not sure if it is because of its additional coloration or if that's how music actually sounds like. But one thing I can say is that it is very detail but good detail. I guess becasue of its neutral character, it allows everything to come through with equal measure, without amplifying any part of the sound frequency spectrum.

At first it seems a bit up front compare to the Nad541i, whose sound can be a bit under-nourish in comparision. But its sound is growing on me by the minutes.

I am listening to "Money" from Pink Floyd and the opening cash register sound almost seems real...
Anyway, I think my opinion of this player is more or less the same as those I read from on-line reviews.

Having spent 1700 for this player, I promise myself not to buy anything hi-fi this year. Got to start saving money in case getting layoff and considering how the economy been going, you know what I mean.
andy2

Showing 1 response by dalekroberts

I have the original 303 and have been very pleased. I agree, neutral is one of the words I would use to describe it, or balanced.