Jupiter Copper Foil, Paper & Wax Cap Versus Jensen Cap 0.10uF 630Vdc Copper Foil Ceramic

Greetings,
Your advice and comments would be most helpful and appreciated.
I will need to change my current capacitors in my tube power amp as one of my current Jensen 0.1uF 630V Copper Foil, PIO, Aluminium is now a problem - caused a EL34 tube heater to glow red. I will need four new capacitors.

I am considering two possible replacements:

1. 0.1uF 600Vdc Jupiter Copper Foil, Paper & Wax Capacitor   
2. Jensen Capacitor 0.1uF 630Vdc Copper Foil Ceramic Case 

Any comments on how these compare in their sound characteristics?
I would like a cap that offers balance across all frequencies, control, richness, enticing tone, and transparency. Also ease of flow of the music.    
Thanks so much, Bob 

marish200

Showing 8 responses by audioman58

Ido a lot of modding ,especially the last 10 years. I make Zobel Clarifiers 
for Loudspeakers as Well as  rebuild Xovers .yes the Jupiter Copper foil are-excellent But The Jensen Copper foil oiled paper come in 4 case types 
which all sound different .the CopperBody has more life and to me better natural prat then the paper body model, the ceramic has body but a bit more nuetral.
the Copper body Jensen is a bit richer then the Jupiter, a bit better depth of soundfield  all these caps take a solid 300 hours to fully open up.
there are always other factors,even inductor type ,I like Jantzen Copperfoil waxed paper, and their open core for Bass,not over priced and close to Duelund in Quality.and make can make a difference ,same goes for resistors ,ovoid all cheap mox type,and cement resistors. 
Marish2000 the black gate were excellent caps they are a electrolytic more for power supplies ,ask your tech where it is.
No electrolytic cap should  be in the signal path, but it is a great cap for power supplies. On your Jensen how many hours in it they need a minimum  of 200 hours to really start to open up 300 hours 
better still.
The Jensen Copper foil, copper body I like the best of the bunch 
in my system even more deep soundstage and more organic sounding then the Jupiter Foil,I my 2 systems I have had the same results, since I do mods I have the exact values and 300 hours on them and once in the system 4 hours of play
time then play 8-10 songs you know well.
i always have at least 2 others to listen and help-evaluate.
in another system it could prove slightly different in Audio
nothing is set in stone. 
I have had all Jensen caps the ceramic body is  very open and detailed themost 
neutral of the Jensen Copper foil caps. The Copper body in my opinion sounds the Most natural  with a very extended but richer upper end.great for Solid state equipment  the ceramic you may or may not likebetter 
In a tube circuit.
The added $100s extra for a .01 cast is not worth it the value is 
so small , thst is why the Duelund .01 ur Bypass cap is used 
if you wanted a Big difference then justget the wallet out 
what size is the tweeter capacitor 2-3uf  ? If so over $ 1k for 2 cast caps . The Duelund Bypass caps I hav3 in my speaker well worth the extra $$, and for the record just look st my feedback 
on the Duelund Zobel  Clarifiers I Make ,they work cleaning up all high frequency noise and work with Any Speaker, a simple 
but very effective upgrade. Unless you have tried these you can’t 
make a educated statement .To a true Audiophile even a few % is well worth a small purchase.
Granny ring I agree ,I use the Duelunds as my main best seller in my Loudspeaker Clarifiers a bit pricy $100 each but ,give them a solid 200 hours and they truly do open up the soundstage and micro-details
Very rare any quality cap leaks I have used Jensen’s at least 80 over the last 4 years not One has failed back in 2010 they had some issues that was due to sealing the ends ,now they use a heavy solder seal,then. A vacuum silicone on the ends . The oil caps i in Duelund , a Jensen and the excellent New caps Milflex from Poland which I just enstalled 5 .022per speaker with a larger Jensen on the mids and Loudspeaker Zobel ,and a Duelund Bypass on the end of my AMT tweeter, the have oil impregnated paper ,no a bath of oil .
and BTW I put the Superb Path Audio Resistors throughout my Loudspeaker chain ?i have been using them in builds for over 5 years Fantastic synergy
they truly transform your Loudspeakers in any position.psrts connecxion  hardly
ever has proper stock.i now order them from Nick at Hifi collective win the UK
when I owned my Audio store there I learned a ton about modding .  Milflex Copper foil poly,paper in oil caps are for the money best cap value for the buck
on par with Jupiter Copper foil but take longer to fully runin up to 500hours
just ask Jeff at Sonic Craft.  
I have used all 3 Vcap s ,as well as Jupiter Copper foil , and the $$ OverpricedDuelund . BTW since the Jupiter was reviewed in 2014 it has been improved upon . I have over 20 years and 1,000s of actual testing and listening hours and comparing after a minimum  3-400 hours and a 12 specific recordings that test the full spectrum of music .
the vh copper Teflon has the most absolute resolution ,But at the cost
of some naturalness depth and tonal balance. If I have a warmer tube amp then the vh audio maybe the ticket for balance. Caps like Mundorf too much plastic takes away from naturalness, I do like their supreme silver oil. The supreme gold silver oil too tipped up which is abit unnatural.
for Loudspeakers  and preamp coupling caps without reservation 
the Jupiter Copper foil is my favorite of any capacitor especially in Loudspeakers 
yes even vs Duelund and by far the Best Buy vs  Duelund ,or VH  per$$ dollar spent . Every one has their opinion , these new caps are good to over 160 degrees , they Have not used beeswax for a several years now .