Jumper interaction with 3 way speaker

Hi, I wonder how the crossover interacts in a 3 way loudspeaker, when using a jumper? Will the sound coming from the jumper also be sent a little to the midrange and more to the tweeter? Will the signature of the materials used (example: Silver-copper) in the jumper also influence the sound of the entire 3-way speaker, tweeter-midrange-bass?

audiosens

williewonka.  I have noticed that the bass is also improved, even though my new jumper OCC Copper and OCC silver go to the HF.  I really dont know why ?  The sound stage and precision are also getting better.

@audiosens - regarding your post above.

I have noticed that the bass is also improved, even though my new jumper OCC Copper and OCC silver go to the HF. I really dont know why ? The sound stage and precision are also getting better.

To make a detailed assessment I need to understand exactly the before and after implementations

• do you have one OCC copper and one OCC silver jumper per speaker?
    • what did they replace ?
    • are the jumpers the same gauge ?
    • how do they connect - banana or spade ?
    • etc. etc.

The reason for all the questions is because anything to do with cables is far more complex that most people tend to believe

Our ears (and brain) are extremely complex pieces of "equipment" capable of discerning the slightest change in an audio signal, especially with regard to the spatial aspect from two channel systems

So, I would have to guess, based on what you have provided, that...

• The OCC silver/copper jumpers provided more details than the jumper it replaced
    • the improved details and therefore improved clarity enhances the image perception by placing each performer more accurately within the image
    • this action prevents the sounds from one performer from "overlapping" the sound form another performer
      • e.g. if I have two image slides on top of one another the picture of each image is hard to discern - but all the imformation is there
      • if I seperate the to slides - I can see the details from each slide easily
      • he same applies to sound in a two channe system
    • this is what many people refer to as "the veil was lifted"
    • so now you are getting a more realistic and pleasing presentation

Why would this improve bass?

• bass is considered omni directional and we tend to think of bass as only the lower frequencies.
  • but bass has many harmonics associated to it, many of which are outside the range of the low frequncy cut off point of the crossover
  • so improving the focus of the upper frequncies also improves the focus of the bass harmonics, which can now be heard more clearly
  • resulting in a more detailed and pleasing bass performance.

I have been developing cables for the past 12 years and in that time I have observed changes in sound, i.e. as I introduce a new geometry, wire, insulation, or connector, that many might deem crazy, but there is generally a very good explanation for the change.

This is especially related to the many aspects pertaining to image and performer placement and of course, the overall image width/depth/height and "Scale"

• my definition of "Scale" is - the term I use to descibe the impact of the various echoes and reverberations generated within a venue by the artists playing their instruments
  • it’s more etherial than the actual music itself but give us that sense of the gandeur of the venue

Hope that helps - Steve

• williewonka
  • "bass is considered omni directional and we tend to think of bass as only the lower frequencies.
  • but bass has many harmonics associated to it, many of which are outside the range of the low frequncy cut off point of the crossover
  • so improving the focus of the upper frequncies also improves the focus of the bass harmonics, which can now be heard more clearly
  • resulting in a more detailed and pleasing bass performance."
  • That's what I had experimented, it is like the instruments float in the air, music not coming from the speakers.  Thank you for your expertise and good explanations.

Really nice to have steve's perspective here on site...just got my second pair of zavfino's.They are great for the price.