Hi, I am having trouble with a Marantz NA11S1. It will lockup occasionally when streaming from JRiver Media Center (Version 26). It still think it is rendering, but it has stopped playing audio. I have to hard-reset it by physically pulling the plug in the rear in order to reset the processor inside. If I just turn it off/on I and go to the web portal for the player it *still* thinks it is playing audio. I cannot tell how/why it gets into this state, but there is virtual no support from Marantz or any updates that would fix it. I don’t think there is anything *wrong* with the Marantz other than what appears to be a software bug. Anyone experience anything like this with this unit?
I am considering an Aurender N100SC or Auralic G2.1 streamer to replace the aging Marantz NA11S1. I have had so much trouble streaming I am considering these as they have onboard storage I can copy all the music to. This seems rather silly as I would expect airplay or upnp streaming to just be far more reliable. iTunes has proved unreliable as a server it will throw up dialog boxes that require me to login to the computer and click "ok." I switched to JRiver and still have issues. Other people in my house know to do this, but it has just become too much of a hassle and it’s easier to stream from the internet.
Here are my notes/units I have been considering.
- Aurender N100SC - Hopefully more reliable, but locked into software other than Airplay. No idea how streaming to multiple rooms/zones would work if I had multiple Aurenders.
- Auralic G2.1 - I have heard good things about the software and it supports everything I would need.
- Classe Delta Pre as a streamer until I build out the system- Has anyone done this? I see in the manual it will let you bypass volume on any input but USB. I think I’ll eventually pick up this unit in a new 2-channel system and it would be nice to not have the extra box long-term. Though that would leave the family setup with no good streamer again.
- Simaudio 280D - I have a 340i DP3X that I would have the option to match to, but not sure I really like this streaming unit.
- Simaudio 680D - How reliable is the software? Same software as lower models, but seems like many updates lately. Eventually considering moving up here if I don’t go with Classe or another direction.
One of the digital only streamers + CD Player (old school so it *just* works if someone wants to put in a disk). I could just use the Marantz as the DAC, but it will look like more boxes to the wife. She won’t really care too much, but reducing is good overall.
- Simaudio 260D
- Simaudio 650D
- McIntosh MCD600 SACD/CD Player - Plenty of dealers including my main dealer.
- Mark Levinson No 5101 - Network Streaming SACD Player - Hard to find info on how good the streaming is.Luxman D03X - No SACD, of which I have ~50-100 that I would like to play.Luxman D10X - Can find locally, haven’t inquired if the msrp can come down. Being told there are not going to be models in between, which I find hard to believe given the huge price difference between D03X and D10X.
- Accuphase DP570 - Can’t even get someone to sell this to me, dealers/importers won’t reply. Really seems hard to get compared to Luxman. I want to like the brand, but they are making it very hard.
I would appreciate any help narrowing the options.