Journey ending speakers

Listening to to my  stereo last night thinking about what upgrade I may do in the future. May upgrade my CD player or change phono cart or a new arm? But one of the things I will never change is my speakers. My journey has ended with the speakers I have now. Are you like me and have your forever speakers? Oh mine are a set of 30 year old 4 way JBL  Studio Monitors 4345s.
ricpan
I hear you. I'm retiring next year. I actually have two sets I'll have when I die the JBL 4345s and a great set of Bozak Concert Grands on my second system.
I don’t change gear or speakers often. Too much effort and expense. The third pair of speakers I have purchased over a 39-year time span will likely be my last - Ohm Walsh 2000s, each with their own Vandersteen 2Wq subwoofer (with M-HP5 crossovers). I do get to hear a lot of speakers through my local audio club and shows in my area, and so far, nothing in the price range I could afford (under $4000/pr) has appealed to me enough to make me want to switch. Add to that looming unemployment, and I think I am all set. I occasionally get to enjoy long, pleasurable listening sessions free of fatigue. So, barring a lottery win or an inheritance from a rich uncle I didn’t know I had, I am set. Plus, Ohm claims a 50-year life-span for the current line, and I have had mine since 2009. So, the speakers will likely last longer than me.
Acoustat 2+2 electrostatics, built in 1984. I first heard them in a boutique hifi store 30 years ago when I was in my early 20s, and dreamed of owning them for a long time. Purchased a pair six years ago, updated the caps, and I haven't found anything better for my listening room/ears. I've been through half a dozen different amps to drive them, and will probably continue to look for the best match. I've heard plenty of very good speakers since, but nothing that presents music for me like the 2+2s.
I plan to treat myself at retirement to these speakers or something similar.
Magnepan 3.7i with (added) fast subs or the Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT. I really have not decided on amp/preamp yet.
JBL CS 3115 I picked up for $150. Almost got some L300 but for the price I think I'll stick with these for a long while.