Joule LA100 MKIII or Granite Audio 770FP or Modwrt

I need some quick help/opinions on these two and the Modwright SWL9.0 Sig as well. And maybe a Manley Shrimp.

IRS Gammas. Mesa Baron on highs, Adcom 565s on lows. The Baron has a ton of gain, and likes lower gain, quiet preamps. I like delicate highs, but do want a 'tubey' sound on the pre, as the Mesa is described as not so tubey.

I'm trying to stay new enough that caps aren't degrading, but balancing that with a top price of around $1600.

Any quick opinions?
numbdiver

Showing 1 response by juancgenao

joulet electra 100MK111, is a contender, great raw mid range,and sweet highs, but on the romantic side,and extremely involving sound, cant' go wrong with joulet
own the 150MK11 and absolutely love it, my system has evolved arround this preamp.
the only weakness is the bass is a little boomy, Tried many power cables trying to tighten bass, the only cable that worked for me, was the XLO sig3 P/C, now has great bass and focus,also use cardas GR,interconnects on top and XLO sig3, from preamp/amp I have auditioned many preamps,and my joulet always comes out on top, just for sheer musicality: ,