Joni Mitchell remasters on the way

FYI, some remastered Joni albums from an amazing period are on the way. I’m especially excited about how "Miles of Aisles" turns out, because that album really needs a remaster.

"Rhino explores the beginning of the prolific Asylum era with THE ASYLUM ALBUMS (1972-1975), the next installment in the Joni Mitchell Archives series. The collection features newly remastered versions of For The Roses (1972), Court And Spark (1974), the double live album Miles Of Aisles (1974), and The Hissing Of Summer Lawns (1975). All four were recently remastered by Bernie Grundman."

https://jonimitchell.com/music/album.cfm?id=45

128x128hilde45

@dpop

Thanks for your further elaborations, and indeed for contributing so much to this thread despite your complete disinterest in hearing let alone buying these releases from Joni. Very generous of you!

Let me be clear — what I especially like is when the remaster reveals notes previously un-hearable in the original. That's what I mean by "muddy." 

It's not a preference for "brightness" in terms of the aesthetic sheen of the music. It's the desire to hear more of the contributions of the musicians on stage or in the mix.

Excellent information as above. I ,too,  own JM catalog from debut to "Mingus". Original pressing CDs. No (HDCD) editions. I own 1 or 2 on DCC Gold Disc.

Per most of my CD/SACD collection, 90% are easily original CD pressings. Very few re-masters from 1994 to Present. The HDCD counterparts are The Grateful Dead and Neil Young (Crazy Horse) catalogs.

Happy Listening!

@dpop 

another +1

A remaster definitely does not automatically mean "better."  

Some remasters though are good... I like what Jimmy Page did w Zep remasters, but that's JIMMY PAGE at the wheel.  The Mothership compilation sounds excellent.

I have a Fleetwood Mac greatest hits 2 cd set that I got recently, remastered, and I was so excited until I listened to it and found out I like the originals much better... much.