Jolida202a vs. Creek 4330

I am considering the purchase of either a Creek 4330 or Jolita 202a. I tracked down my local dealer. This is the highest end that this poboy is able to reach. I thought the Jolita was good in performance and looks but I was a bit annoyed with what was like a 'wash' or 'screen' of a sort of hiss. It wasn't constant but seemed to fluctuate with the volume of the music. I can't imagine that enthusiasts have experienced the same and still have such praise for the unit. The dealer explained it to me as possibly a poorly seated tube (although he couldn't fix it) or what he called 'tube rush' as an admitted amateur in tubes amps I have no idea what it is. Do you have any comments? Do the tubes have to be upgraded? I don't thrill with the idea that I've got to imediately change all the tubes in a brand new tube amp to get quality sound.
Thanks for any comments on either unit.
keithcady

Showing 3 responses by keithcady

Thank you all - Sedond, Audiokinesis,Trelja, Pls1 - You convinced me I picked up a 302a demo and look forward to using it with my new Castle Acoustic Richmonds!
Thanks for all your comments. Trelja, how do you recommend avaoiding the assembled on a Monday or Friday phenomenon?
Trelja,
I got my 302a and hooked it up this weekend. I also got a great deal from an Audiogon dealer on a pair of Castle Richmond speakers. The combination is fantastic for our small apartment! We are VERY pleased. I far prefer the looks of the 302a to the latter 302b. I don't have the resources to launch a lot of 'tweaking' projects as some have recommended but even 'as-is' this is great package. Thanks again for all your help!