Jolida sj502a tube advice

Hello
I just bought a Jolida sj502a tube amp and was wondering what tubes would you recommend and what will they do to the sound of the amp.

Currently has Sovtek 6550we x 4, Jolida 12ax7a x 2 and some 12at7 tube with no writing except the model numbe on the side of the tube.

I like a liquid, warmer laid back sound with really good detail and a solid bottom end. I find some of the tubes are to "detailed" and the mids/upper end is right in my face and that doesn't work for me.

Any suggestions would be helpful. This is my 2nd all tube amp but I am still a newb at the tubes. I will tube roll at some point to try it and see the difference. The one thing I love about this amp is it is very quite and really does sound awsome. I'm just looking to warm her up a bit more.
This is how I'm running it
Jolida JD50a control center into the 502 into Energy Veritas 2.3's through Harmonic Tech Pro-9 speaker cables.
I have an Oppo BD-83SE with the upgraded analog section and Sabre DAC's. I am currently trying different IC's as I have a few different ones and I build custom IC's so I am trying those as well. You definateley get instant feedback when I cahenge my IC's which is what I want anyways.

Thanks again but no $400 tubes except maybe to replace the 4 6550s.

Mark
128x128eagleputt

Showing 1 response by ghosthouse

Get in touch with the folks at Jolida in Maryland (phone or email; Michael Allen does reply to email).  Years ago I had a 502B that I sent in to them for mods.  The cost was very reasonable and the turn around quick.  Their work definitely resulted in improved sound.  Can't hurt to ask whether they would do the upgrades you want.   Good luck.