Jolida JD302B - Speaker Choice

First post here, so hello! I've been scanning the archives on this and found some good info, but wanted to start some new discussion.

I am a budding audiophile, just building my first good system. These days I listen mainly to acoustic based singer songwriter rock (John Mayer, Dave Matthews, Gavin DeGraw, Jason Mraz, etc.) but have very diverse musical tastes from classic rock stuff (Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Neil Young) to some modern british stuff (i.e. Coldplay). A little classical here and there, but likely more so with the new system.

I love the tube sound, likely because of my long admiration for tube guitar amps (I play) and have settled on the Jolida JD302B as my amp. I will most likely be purchasing the Jolida Tube Cd player as well.

I initially was considering B&W 602 S3's, but my reading suggests that they may not be effecient enough. Thus I have been looking into the Triangle Titus speakers. I will likely add a sub in the next several months to round out the bottom end.

What else should I look into? Is there a "minumim" level of effeciency that I should be looking into?

Thanks and pardon any nephyte mistakes I've made.
Matthew
mkwhitley

Showing 1 response by kotta

I would highly suggest you find a nice older pair of Snell floorstanders and forget about spending any additional funds. These speakers are musical, easy to drive and forgiving. Tube watts are different than SS watts. You should have no problem driving most spks. w/this amp I would think unless your room is hugh or your listening preference is at rock concert levels.