Jolida JD102CRC

I'm seriously considering ordering a Jolida JD102CRC because I've really wanted to get into the world of tubes for a while. My real main hesitation is that I can't find much in the way of solid reviews or "reliable" information on Jolida. I see a lot of back and forth on whether it's just trash, or a solid entry level tube amp producer that happens to start their amps off with pretty low quality stock tubes... and all you need to do is upgrade those and you've got a really good amp for reasonable money.

Can someone shed some light on this particular model or recommend something else in THE SAME PRICE RANGE (~$875). No I can't jump to a PrimaLuna at 2 or 3 times the price.

My other consideration is a Peachtree Decco65 or Nova125, which would solve my need for a DAC at the same time... but I'm very hesitant to get something with a built in DAC. It just seems planned obseletion.

I'm looking to pull the trigger on something within the next week if possible.

Current System:

Vandersteen 1Cs
NAD 3140
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red
greatwhitebat

Showing 1 response by almarg

08-07-14: Greatwhitebat
Can I use the NAD Phono stage through the pre out into the aux in as a temporary phono stage until I purchase something else like a Pro-Ject Phono Box?
The best way of doing that is most likely to use a tape ("rec") output of the NAD, rather than the pre-out. Using the pre-out introduces an unnecessary volume control and a good deal of unnecessary preamp circuitry into the signal path.

Regards,
-- Al
More to discover