Jolida JD100A, How to bring it to the next level

This is the story. I just bought a JD100A with some basic mods done to it. I want to bring it to the highest level. I know this sounds a bit quick (who knows I might like it after I actually hear it), but I would like to get the most out of this player. Should I have it sent out to hotrodaudiomod, Odyssey or others for the level 3 upgrade? What tubes do you find really shines on rock and jazz? Ok guys.... bring on the opinions!
rkerv

Showing 1 response by restock

Rkerv,

I would not recommend teaming up a tupe output CD player with a solid state output stage DAC that surpases the tube out stage of the Jolida. This would use the Jolida only as transport and for the money there are probably better transports out there (CEC etc.).

As much as I have read about the Jolida, I would probably stay with minimal mods as well, only NOS tubes and a PC as suggested should do. The upgrades will not give you a much higher resale value if you decide to upgrade in the near future. If you like the tube-like qualities of the Jolida, you could "upgrade" to "better" tube based players like the Audio Aero Prima.

Good luck,

Rene