Jolida JD100A

Ok based on the hundreds of positive reviews about this CDP I have decided to purchase one with a level 1 mod but I still have a couple of questions.
1. I see that both Verastarr and Underwood Wally sell this unit with their own modifications. Wondering if someone could give me advice on which one to choose? Pros and cons of both if any.

2. Being new to the "tube" world I was hoping I could get some advice on a good match for Jazz and Rock? I enjoy Rock music which is bass inclined (not hip hop), such as RUSH or Primus. I am also looking for great separation in the instruments with a deep soundstage. And of course the mids and highs are very important in their fluidity and detail.

3. Finally, like I said I am new to tubes and I am wondering how long they last.

I will be pairing the Jolida up with a pair of Monitor Audio Gold Ref20 and will be upgrading to either a plinius 9200 or Belles 250i integrated amp in the near future. I am also using Zu Cables across the board. Wax biwires for the speakers and Gede as the interconnect.
Thanks again for all your wonderful help!
mmajoril

Showing 1 response by milindks

Hi,

Thanks for your response 'Verastarr', I currently own Jolida 100 A, modified by Wally, I heard Arcam FMJ CD 23, in my system and preferred Jolida but Arcam has really good attack and is fast .. and was wondering is it because of the clock that arcam using .. if I get best of Jolida 100 and Arcam attack that will be great. Can you please explain what component makes this difference ?

Thanks,

Milindks