Jolida JD100. How good is it?

Have been using my dvd for stereo and would like to improve. The sound is good but not great. Seems shallow. Dymanics are there but blurred together. Looking for a warmer sound and seperation of instruments. Have read reviews on the jolida but would appreciate input and any other suggested players. Price range around 500 and used will be fine unless there are reasons not to go used on a cd player. Listen to all types of music with exception of rap, hip hop, and head slammer.
Current system:
Denon avr 2800 (will go seperates soon), Onkyo integra dvd, Polk audio speakers, Bryston 3b(front two), Velodyne hgs10.
scoly1

Showing 1 response by ghasley

What about the AH! Njoe Tjoeb 400 used? I've heard it is a decent value and can be bought new in that $$ range although I haven't heard the Jolida or the AH! myself. Lots of positive feedback on both. I currently own a Planet 2000 and a Cary CD308 and enjoy them both for different reasons in 2 different systems. Until Cary or someone else comes out with a combo player in my price range that does a great job on all formats, I'm waiting.

Good luck.