Jolida JD100 better that the Rega Planet 2000?

Hello all,

I am just wondering if anyone has compared the Planet 2000 to the stock Jolida JD-100 (with or without upgraded tubes).

Thanks,
nickway

Showing 2 responses by restock

Nick, I thought I'll chime in as well: If you can keep the Planet around for a while. I started wanting to replace my Rega Planet (original) two years ago. First I "upgraded" to a Linn Genki. After quite a while I decided the Linn sound is not for me, to grey and less involving than the Planet; thankfully we had kept the Planet around in a second system, since my wife loves it so much. Next came a Unison Unico CD for 3 months and went as well. Well, I do the love the Planet sound.

After reading Howards great recommendations on the Prima and talking to him some more, I finally went with the AA Prima. So far it's been three months with the Prima . The Prima was a step up from the Planet in every way: Detail, bass, top end, soundstage, etc. Out of all the CDPs, the Planet and the Prima are the only ones that keep me sitting in front of the stereo for hours without switching instantly to vinyl.

I would love to hear the Jolida and reading all the great comments, it seems to be a great unit as well. Try both for a while, keep tube rolling, and see for yourself.

By the way: Where in Canada are you? I'll be moving to Calgary in a 6 weeks. If you are close, you are welcome to drop by and give the Prima a listen.

Good luck,

Rene
Well, sounds like we can have a shoot-out between the Planet-Wadia and the Audio Aero once I moved to Calgary. Never really had a chance to listen to Wadia and I'll be happy to meet new people up there. My wife has been living in Calgary already for a while, and I constantly go there and visit. Also, I will have plenty of time since I will be taking of the first two months when getting there. Feel free to drop me an email anytime. Once I am moved and all set up I'll let you know as well

Where are you located, in Edmonton?

Best wishes,

Rene