Jolida JD-9 phono pre-amp dip switch settings

JD-9 phono preamp
Ortophon 2M Black MM cartridge
VPI Scout Jr turntable
Jolida 502 Integrated tube amp

Any suggestions for dip-switch settings for this setup?
Many Thanks!
mccrea60

Showing 2 responses by mwh777

Sorry, I misstated the idea. After re-reading the info for my Chinook pre, their example takes a cart spec'ed at 150pf and subtracts the cable rating, say, 90pf resulting in 60pf. So the start point in the example would be either 47pf or 100pf in the case of the JD-9. Using 300pf and 90pf would result in 210pf at the high end. So, just about all of the settings of the JD-9 cover your cartridge. This shows that you should try most of the settings and pick the one that you like best.
Don't forget to add in the capacitance of the phono cables. The phono pre is seeing both the cable and cartridge capacitance. Beyond that you should set it by ear after picking your starting point. BTW, even though it is not stated by Jolida, the capacitance setting of the JD-9 can be set to zero (I confirmed this with Jolida in the past). A cart such as one of the Clearaudio ebony wood series that have a spec. of 100pf would need a setting from zero to 100pf depending on personal preference. The cables won't be zero and hopefully will be less than 100pf.