Jolida JD-402 Tube Tuners

Does anyone have any experience with these? I want to buy one, but would like some feedback first?

Thanks,
Rolloff
rolloff
Have you figured out yet how to get the unit to display the call letters of the station after you've programmed them?
The display button on my remote is not mentioned in the manual, and in fact does nothing when pressed. I'm waiting for a call back from Jolida on this question, but I thought you may have figured it out. Walt didn't have a clue on this.
Thanks,
Rolloff
Just an update, in case anyone's following this thread, or reads it and happens to have any information.

I finally talked to Mike Alan, owner of Jolida today. He said he "had no idea" how to get the tuner to display the programmed call letters.
He said "it's the chips now days."

I am able to get the call letters input with the station numbers, folowing the directions in the manual, but I am unable to ever have them appear on the display after that. I also noticed my remote has no "S".
Anyway, he said he'd get back to me in a couple of weeks. When he does, I'll post again.
If anyone else has this figured out, please let me know.

Rolloff
Hi Roloff,

I bought one of these earlier this year. With no other rivews to go by, I ended up spending quite some time at my local dealer in Seattle just listening. I really love the sound of this unit. The tubes just sound so right, especially after a good break in period. And we all know the price is excellent as well.

I learned from my dealer that the tuner stage and display are sourced from Denon. I am not sure what parts are involved, but now you know as much as I do. Like you, I have no idea how to shut off the following display anomalies: Cinema DSP and Surround Mode. I imagine Jolida could sell more of these tuners if they took the time to turn off those display items, since they give the idea that this is a surround tuner or something! My dealer had no idea, either, again stating that the items came from Denon.

However, I did sit down and figure out your "S" problem. When adding station call letters, just use a number 5 instead. The LED configuration uses the same five bars. When adding letters, just use the 5 key four times and you should end up on the 5 or "S" display.

To get the display to show the call letters, first you need to have them programmed in. Then, just simply click the "Display" button. Easy.

If you find any way to get those other display items out, let me know!

Hope this helps you. I sure am enjoying mine.

Brian
Thanks for sharing feedback on this tuner. Sounds like an interesting piece aside from the niggling idiosyncracies...
Thanks for your input Brian.
We may have different incarnations of the same Tuner. Mine does not display anything about Cinema DSP or surround mode. It also does NOTHING after I've programmed in the station call letters and pressed the "Display" button. Pressing the display button never does anything on my unit. I did figure out the use of the 5 key instead of the letter S, but until I can get it to display, it makes no difference.

Rolloff