Jolida JD-100 or Eastsound CD-5 ?

Ok....i've been reading everything i can about these units and having just bought a Jolida 502B integrated i am really trusting the good things people are saying about the CDP. But...i can now get an Eastsound CD-5 for about the same price as the Jolida, the specs on the E-sound are great, the only info on these machines on the net is from the distributor and a small group of audiophiles who have done group orders and after having invested so much time and effort i'm really taking their initial impressions with a grain of salt, they really want it to be great. So...i would love feedback from anyone who has had some time with this unit. The italians and a few others give it rave reviews.....how about you guys?
Eqp -
Modded Jolida 502B amp
Totem Staaf speakers
Homemade Cat 5 Chris Van Haus recipe speaker cables
Questor atlas interconnects

Thanks guys!
Kuka
kukakunga

Showing 1 response by jeffjazz

I owned both also. I sold the Jolida to my brother-in-law. His system I thought tended to be on the bright side, and the Jolida warmed it up nicely. I think in his system the Jolida may have been a better match. Since he need the fuller sound of tubes to warm up the sound. The Jolida is fatter and more forward sounding. The Eastsound is more resolving, more extended (highs and lows) more neutral, not as forward, and built much better. The remote control is not as good as the Jolida. The Jolida doesn't suck by any means. But in a neutral system the Esound is a much better match. If you system tend toward brightness the Jolida may be a better match with tube rolling.