Jolida Fx10

Last week I purchased the Jolida FX10, not knowing what to expect I was skeptical that this 10wpc integrated tube amp was going to sound so superb. I paired the amp with PSB B25 speakers rated at 91bd efficiency and I wow the sound is practically magical. What a nice little amp and for the price of under $500 wow, great deal!
chgolatin2
I recently sold my Jolida FX10 here on the A'gon. I recommend them highly. I used them in a 14x16 home office with stellar results. Never a problem and to get best results one should use high efficiency speakers (mine were generally Tekton 4.5s and Tekton Lore at times). The other thing is change out the stock Electro Harmonix tubes. I had great success with NOS Russian 7189s, Ei EL84s, TAD EL84s. For the 12ax7 I used NOS Telefunkens, Ei, Mullards as well as a Tubestore Northern Electric NOS with good results. In my room I often had a wall-to-wall stage that was nicely layered, good tone, love the EL 84s, fast and punchy, good enough detail, the little thing was just musical and went as loud as I could tolerate. The bass on the Lore was very good. Tight and lively. This amp plays way above its price point, great 2nd system or first if doing a desktop or just starting out with tubes. Really fun little guy.
-
I agree with Mikirob that you can have a great time with swapping tubes in the FX10 and that it's possible to make an improvement in the sound of the stock tubes.

If you're not comfortable with navigating the world of NOS tubes by yourself there are some excellent dealers like Jim McShane and others who can give great advice and provide you with tubes that are tested and matched.

Another alternative is to go for some of the best new production tubes like the Gold Lion EL84s and 12ax7s. Buying them from a reputable dealer is recommended there, as well.
While looking for some information about the Jolida FX-10, my google search brought me to this forum and as it turns out, Mikirob was the person that I bought the FX-10 from .

After 5+ years of continuous use, 40-50 hours per week, the amp finally developed a problem. It was at this moment that Jolida really shined. I called them up and spoke with one of their engineers that designs and builds the equipment. After a few minutes of troubleshooting, he had me mail it in for repair. While it was in for repair, i also had them perform a small upgrade (naked Z-foil resistors i believe).

Needless to say, i couldn't be happier with the amp and the people at Jolida. They really love the craft and their shows enthusiasm really shows.  I have bought other things from them and will continue to do so.
I'm looking for a phono preamp to pair with my Jolida FX-10. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should look for in terms of gain in the phono preamp. I'm currently using an Ortofon Blue 2M cartridge which uses 5.5mV. Thanks for any input.