Jolida CD-100...Who has moved on and...

What did you replace it with.

Looking for a player with more detail and extended top end. If you had this player at one time, what did you replace it with and how did it compare.

I changed speakers from a detailed ribbon speaker to a warmer conventional driver speaker. Looking to pick up some detail and extension on the top end...under 1k

Any suggestions

Thanks!
cak

Showing 3 responses by cak

Anyway to get this back on topic?

What did you guys replace it with, how would you compare the sonics to the replacement?
On my short list is the Cambridge azure 840c. Not sure how this stacks up to the Jolida in terms of extension.

I have tried all kinds of tubes with it, Sylvania triple mica blacks, Svetlana winged C, RCA triples, GE triples, EI golds and standards, Sylvania JANs...they are all a compromise. Ironicly, I had a Resolution Audio CD-55 which I sold because it was just too much with my Infinity Renaissance 90's. I have a pair of Preludes now, and while they are a better speaker altogether, I feel that the top end is missing some sparkle/detail. The Jolida was a great match with the Rens though..
Exactly, I had really good synergy between my Ribbon/Plannar Renaissance 90's and my Aragon 4004mkII amp, 28k MKII preamp and the Jolida. I was able to tone down the speakers just enough with different tubes. Since switching to the Preludes with the conventional tweeter, they are a bit dark paired up with the Jolida no matter what tubes I use. The preludes are a more neutral speaker, and have the potential to sound great...I just have to go through the motions again with different components. I picked up a Cambridge 840c to try, have yet to hook it up but will tonight for a shootout.