Jolida 502a and Klipsch Forte

I'm a longtime music lover and only just recently started seeking out high quality stereo equipment. I habitually watch Craigslist for all kinds of things and just got a killer deal on a Jolida 502a integrated amp and a killer pair of 1989 Klipsch Fortes. The Jolida has stock tubes and I've connected it to the speakers with standard 12 gauge speaker wire that I had lying around. My only current source, I'm sorry to say, are high quality MP3s playing from my MacBook Pro.

I have a decent turntable and a large collection of vinyl, but I don't have a ton of money to spend and I'm at a bit of a crossroads: Where should I put my next investment? A decent phono preamp? Speaker cable? Better tubes? A quality CD player and a bunch of used CDs?
saulgold

Showing 2 responses by saulgold

I mostly listen to rock, jazz and classical (especially strings and piano). More specifically I'm wondering if y'all see an obvious weak link in my existing system. There are so many points that need improvement that it's hard to know where to start given that I'm working with a limited budget.

Also please excuse me for using the word 'killer' twice in a single post (let alone a single sentence).

Thanks for your help.
That's great advice, thanks! Is there a particular phono preamp you have in mind that I should keep my eyes out for? I don't know of any good options at that price.