JOLIDA 302B Tube Int. Amp. Opinions?

I am considering a Jolida 302B integrated amp for my system. I currently using The Complete int. amp by Audio Refinement. However, I would like to get into tubes. This gear seems almost too reasonably priced, if there is such a thing? I have read some good things but would like a little more info. Thanks
jedisqueezer

Showing 1 response by aldenruss

I have owned a Jolida 302B for a few months now, and am for the most part very happy indeed. As the above posts state, if that warm and rich tube thing (but not lacking for high OR low frequency response) is what you're looking for then you should really take a look at this piece. For me, it's really tough to listen to "solid-scrape" after having this thing around. I agree with the tube substitution advice, too, and you can find EL34's "on the cheap" on this site and elsewhere. (I got a matched quad of Electro Harmonix EL34's off of Audiogon for $40 shipped!) I will add that my unit's main capacitors went bad (and are being fixed under warranty by my dealer) but have heard generally good things about the reliability of Jolida products. My dealer installed Kimber interstage coupling capacitors, I have not heard a 302 without but can tell you that the bass is indeed tight for an EL34 amplifier. For the money you can't beat it. Do try to listen before you leap, though! Jolida stuff is FUN.