Jolida 302B/502B?

Hi,

I've recently decided to get into tube sound and have been told that Jolida is the way to go for a 2500 dollar system.

I am purchasing Spendor 3/5 (or 3/1) speakers when I find a good deal on them. I have tested them (with the 302B) and really like the airy midrange and smooth sound. I listen to classical, classic rock, and eclectic rock (less bass, more vocals). All of which I tested with this setup.

Now my question is: which amp would be better for my situation both musically and financially? Should I try and purchase one which is modded or not?

Also, I am looking at CD players and have been looking formost at the Jolida 100A. Is it worth it to buy the upgraded version? Why do people say you have to have the power supply replaced professionally?

I have pretty much decided on anticables for the speaker connection, but what would you recommend for interconnects?

I appreciate your help in advance.
jclarka

Showing 1 response by robm321

The Jolida 302/502 are great values. I chose to go with the ASL AQ1001DT. I liked it better than the Jolida. But it's just a preference. Jolida's make great integrated's.

The JD100 is a no brainer and will synergize with a tube amp/pre/or integrated.

I've heard the player stock and feel that any modding will lose some of the original sound - that is what makes these CD players great. I can't say from experience, but that's the impression I get. Others will probably have a better idea about this.

Good Luck and welcome to tubes. You'll find that it's a very musical sound.