JmLab 716S

I'm new to this hobby and was hoping for some advice. I just purchased a pair of the afformentioned speakers and would like to know what amplifier matches well with them. I was just on the verge of buying a Myryad pre and power amp when I read an article that JMLab speakers really need a good (not necessarily strong amp. Anything less than $3,000 for a pre and power amp will be within my budget.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Scott
shimanole
I purchased the speakers for $600 and thought if I needed to sell them or move them to another application such as home theater I wouldn't be out too much $.

Right now I just want to get solid components that will be able to drive most speakers should I make a change.

Thanks for the reply.

Scott
You might get as much if not better bang for your buck with a great integrated. How about a used BAT VX-300x? It's a great little piece, and will most certainly "max out" the potential of your JMs. In fact, I'd be interested to know why you've chosen to pair $3000 of amplification with a $900 speaker. Not necessarily wrong of course, but certainly an uncommon choice.