JM Reynaud Twin MK3 vs. JM Lab Electra 906

Hi all,

I am the happy owner of a JM Reynaud Twin MK3. I was looking around to upgrade them. And the most susceptible speakers to do this seem to be JM Lab Electra 906. but the problem is that I never listened to them (because there is no dealer in my area). So, my question is: it will be an upgrade first of all? If there is an upgrade it deserves this upgrade to pay double the price of my Reynauds? (I can sell my Reynauds for $500 and I will pay $1000 for the Electra 906)

Thank you very much to all of you.
rmihai

Showing 1 response by chams_uk

I used to own the Twin Mk 3's, and have heard the JM Labs at a dealer. Both are VERY nice. But personally, I think if you are going to upgrade the 3's, wait a bit and go for something even better than the 906's. While they are great, I don't know if I'd say they do everything better than the Twins, which seemed to have a certain magic to them, depsite not having all the supposed "hi-fi" trickery.

I paired the Twins with a noname British integrated called the Newtonia Solis in a second system. The Newtonia was an incredible performer, having much of the pace and musicality fo the Naim gear, with bass and dynamics to boot. I miss that combo; I sold it when I dismantled the second system....

So I'd say stay happy with your Twins, and upgrade when it is even more worthy.

My thoughts.....

(FYI, I heard the JM Labs driven by Naim and Musical Fidelity gear).