JM Labs Electra 937Be vs.Diva Utopia Be vs. Mezzo

Just got back from the audio shop this afternoon and had a fairly quick audition of the Electra 937. Very impressed I was. I was hoping to do an A/B comparison with the Diva, but for a variety of reasons was unable to do so. Perhaps will have a chance later.

I've now checked out the 907 and 927 Be, the first of which I liked a lot and the second of which I thought was disappointing. But the 937 is a whole different matter.

What I'd like to know is if others have made these comparisons as well and what were the impressions. Also how do the 937 and the Diva compare with the older Mezzo Utopia? If you had a choice, which would be the best choice and why? I had a very, very brief audition with the Mezzos a month or so ago, and liked them, but I didn't have a chance at that point for a full check with my own music. I'm still pretty blown away by the beryllium tweeter, which is just amazing with my musical tastes. Could someone also explain in more basic terms some of the technological distinctions between these three speakers? Thanks in advance.
washline

Showing 1 response by biomimetic

Usually when I hear people say you have to experiment to get what you want out of them - it's a good sign meaning they are transparent. When I hear people say they sounded right in their system they were looking for a house sound. Usually I'm more impressed with the former than the latter, as long as it's not b/c the former is just an unresponsive turd of a speaker. I believe the JM's to be very well made - mainly I have heard they hooked up to singled-ended Mastersound amps. Not an easy load, but they handled it making the music sound live.