jm lab grand utopia be--- any thoughts ?

are these speakers truley the grand dammes of loudspeakers? i was thinking of upgrading my nova be to the grands.
any suggestions ,and/or input would be appreciated.
Ag insider logo xs@2xozy

Showing 1 response by kirk930

Very Interesting. I have owned two pairs of nova be . Original utopias Grande be Sound lab u1s Aura + with the new px mylar. I sing In my church choir . I go to live events. Unamplified Is my favorite. I recently was fortunate enough to see beethoven symphony no 9 live , no amplification. I find that most audiophiles simply need to listen to more live unamplified concerts. Most people do not know what real live music sounds like. Venture out of your sound room go to a show. If U2 pink flyd etc. Wear earplugs. I dare you to try and listen to your system for a few days after that experience. Now try and reproduce that 200 foot wide stage 150 feet deep. with 6 full size basses. cellos , violens kettle drums and a huge choir. Fire up the audio system after that. I do not care how much you spend It will not be better than live. I have heard many audiophiles claim that the sound they have Is better than live. Wake up. Anyway I hope I did not offend anyone just shooting straight. Anyway the nova be vs the grand be. Is It better ? The grands beat the novas yes but not worth the extra because the novas are awsome. If you have the money to throw around buy the big boys. I have the factory novas with matched drivers. I love them. I also have the aura + as well. Sound labs with the newer mylar are pure music. Bring power they need It. The nova also over the alto Is simply huge.