JM Focal 1037 BE speaker placement

I'm trying different placements with my Focal 1037 BE's. I want to try a placement as described in the instructions. Keeping in mind my room is 11.5 ft wide and the center of the woofers (boomers) is 24" from the floor. Can somebody explain the optimization part of the instructions for me? What is their idea of a good placement? I've attached a scan.
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/7834/jm2cce8.jpg

Thanks,
Mike
mjglo

Showing 1 response by tmstamps

I was confused also confused with the instructions. But I think every room is different. I too, perfer my seating position just outside the distance the speakers are apart giving me a more of a focused stagging. Good for vocals. And by adjusting the toe in some i get the right imaging of the ochestra. In figure A, it says 1 =2 but greater or equal to 3.

On a side note, Have any one try tilting the speakers slightly upward (approx. 7 degrees). I did it by raising the rear spikes and lowering the front spikes but placed 3/4 inch wood blocks under the front spikes. By doing this solved 2 issues for me. First the raised wood sub-floor was causing artificial reverberation from the down firing port, since it is 90 degrees to the floor. By tilting the speakers slightly, the port is now firing at an angle to the floor. The artificial bass reverberation is gone. I still get accurate bass. Second, it less brignt.

A little about brightness; you may be experience some brightness from the 1037's. I use Virtual Dynamics cables all around . Brigntness is completely gone. Sorry for the deviation form the subject. But still relates to the 1037s. Just love these speakers even more as i maximise the system for them to sing.