JL Gotham F212 v2 vs ?

This is a pricey but seems to be a high quality well made sub. This is for a future listening space that would be 20x30. For some real power but control is there any other subs to consider at that price point or lower?
Thanks!
EDIT SORRY I meant Gotham V2 (not f212).
smodtactical

Showing 5 responses by chazzzy007

https://youtu.be/I4KPfVu3toU

Here’s a link to a YT video featuring 2 line arrays of the baby brother in the REL performance lineup which is the 510 and an introduction to the REL philosphy by John Hunter REL CEO.

REL lineup goes

Reference series
1. REL 25 Reference
2. G1 v2
Performance series
3. 212se
4. 812se
5. 510se

T series

Be sure to listen to the part of the Demo @ 10:45. It’s a quite impressive demonstration of the REL’s speed.

I have a single S5 SHO which was recently replaced by the 812se. It’s a fantastic performer and I would say the value champion in the REL lineup is the 812se. IMO 2 line arrays of the 812se would be incredible and give you much more all around performance than the single Gotham.
IMO stereo pairs of the REL 212se and 2x stereo REL 812se’s. The 812’s are stackable. I would also consider a stereo pair of the Rel 25.

The 212 and 812 with the smaller drivers would probably be a bit more nimble but the 25 would blend better with larger mains to produce a bigger soundstage.

You could also do 6x REL 812se and be about the same price point as your single Gotha. I’d have to think that 2 REL 812 se x3 stacks are going to be superior to your single Gotham.

GLHF!
It’s not just about smoothing out modes. Its about recreating the subtle social textures in greater detail. The sonic pictures that the REL helps create will take your system to another level. You could do 2 stereo stack of RELs (4×812se) and be under 12K retail.
Spacial not social***

Following the beautifully made $8900. British REL Studio III's setup procedures... We then relocated it, placed on its side to directly radiate the drivers and fed the same EQ'd low level (RCA) signal from th Velodyne

@m-db 

Except that you didn't also connect with the high level connection which also needs to be dialed in. The high level connection is there to support the bass frequencies your mains are not capable of producing. It's done through the Amp and not the pre-amp to preserve and better match the sonic characters also fed directly to your main speakers.

smodtactical OP263 posts03-17-2020 5:47pmWould you guys do, dual gotham v2 or S/812 6 pack ? Gothams are double the cost almost so not really fair. And 6 pack of no. 25 would be double gotham almost.

I would do a dual line array (6 pack) of 812se's.