JL F112 Fathom Repair

The RCA jack on the back of my JL F112 Fathom broke.  How do I remove the back of the subwoofer to replace the RCA jack.
chatrath
Call JL Audio.
They told me how to remove the back on my F-113.

Basically, after you remove all the back panel screws you insert a slightly larger diameter and longer screw into one of the screw holes. This then will pop one of the corners out thus allowing you to pull out the rest of the back.

I can’t remember the size of the screw that I used that’s why I say call them for that info.

ozzy
Having done this myself, I can tell you that you will need to break the seal from gasket between case and back section. Use hairdryer or heat gun on the aluminum backplate to loosen seal then removal should be very easy. 
spinaker01,

I didn’t have to do anything special such as using a hairdryer on the gasket.

mofojo,

The 6mm size may be correct but the length also matters so it will push out and pull apart the back from the cabinet.

ozzy
Very true. It's also important that it is a machine screw so it has the flat end and will not try and screw into the wood. Assuming anything metric is probably a machine screw anyway but not 100% on that. 

Here's a video I made of the power on cap problem ad I show amp removal as well. Hope this helps!