JL Audio sub users

Those that use JL Audio subs in two-channel systems, how did you connect them? Do you run your speakers full, use an external x-over, etc.?
brianmgrarcom
Slightly different reasoning:

If you don't want to tweak the night away, run the mains in "limited" (I assume this means 100hz x-over) and insert an automatic room EQ (like the SVS/Audyssey box) between the pre/pro and the subs. By crossing at 100hz, the Audyssey will room correct up to that frequency - which is where your room causes the most trouble anyway. It will also set level automatically. There will be no additional circuitry between your pre and your main speakers above 100hz, where you might actually hear it.

Marty

Caveat: I use the Velodyne SMS-1 for this task (it's more flexible than the SVS and sounds great), but it requires a lot of tweaking for best results. I haven't heard the SVS/Audyssey unit which performs the same EQ automatically. However, KR, who reviews at Stereophile and ocassionally posts here, has compared the Velo with the Audyssey and prefers the latter, hence my recommendation of the SVS/Audyssey. Since you evidently have the x-over in your pre/pro, you don't need the Velo's internal crossover, which would be another reason to opt for it over the SVS.
Maybe the best way to run the JL Audio subs as bass augmentation devices is to use custom speaker-level cables such as the ones in this review. JL Audio should include them with the sub.
Mdowns32,

I will be replacing my ML depth within a week with a Jl audio 113 fathom to run with my ML odyssey's running full range. I could report back to you after I get the 113 if you like.
Cheers
Post removed