Jl audio fathom f212v2 noise and hum

Just picked up a pair of these to replace the svs pb1000 i had prior. However after plugging these in to the same outlet (its a panamaz suge protected outlet) i’m experiencing two things i did not experience with the svs pair.  1) there is constant low level noise, like a very low white noise that is present when on, even if not connected to anything else. 2) a cyclical hum that seems to come on when my panasoni vt60 plasma is on. I beleive these are likey using the same circuit/ are wired though on different outlets.

Ive tried rca and balanced cables. No discernable difference there.  The subs are massive to move but next step is im goint to try them on dedicated circuits in a different room to see if that does anything.  Open to ideas here and hoping there is a solution. Thanks! 
esthlos13

Showing 1 response by wloeb

Is the sound coming from the speaker cones or from the transformers in the plate amp?  If it's transformer hum it comes from DC on the AC power caused by load imbalance.  Plasma TVs and light dimmers can cause this.  If its not coming from the speaker cones, it's not a ground loop.

This product solved the same problem for me:

https://avahifi.com/products/humdinger-dc-line-blocker

the Emotive CMX-2 should also work.