JL Audio F113 or F112 For Dynaudio Confidence 5

I need a musical fast Sub mostly for music to go along with my Dynaudio Confidence 5. I was wondering if anyone had compared the f113 and the f112. I will not be buying stereo subs because I have neighbors and my room size is about 20x18
Can you hear a difference between these two subs when playing music? My priority is Music however I do listen to electronic music and they require deep bass. Thanks
128x128trance

Showing 1 response by paulsax

I had the chance to demo both the F113 and the F112 with a C4 setup and frankly I could not tell the difference (in music). I got the 112 (notably cheaper) in my HT/2 channel system. My goal was good solid LFE for movies and a tunable sub that would help in music without having to mess around in switchover. the 112 was good enough for me in HT and like I said for music I could not tell the difference. Now the disclaimer. I listened to a variety of alternative and such but with hip hop I have no doubt that the 113 would be better. You can tell the difference in ht between the two with ease but both are stellar. No experience with dual sub setups, sorry. In a nutshell, if you want thumping bass for music go 113, if you want more subdued or perhaps slightly faster go 112. if on a budget go 112. Now I just need to fix the picture frame that my 112 knocked off the wall during ironman last week. Not a puny sub. Luck.