JL Audio f112 or f113 sub?

Any thoughts on which sub (f112 or f113) would be a better choice for mostly 2 ch stereo listening and occasional home theater. I currently have Thiel CS 3.6 speakers with Bryston 4B amp and an outlaw audio processor. I am also planning on purchasing a Thiel SCS4 centeer channel speaker. Room size: 13' wide by 20' deep with 8' ceilings. Room opens into an open kitchen and dining area. Thanks
128x128dal0wol

Showing 2 responses by jp1208

Dal0wol, just to let you know that I too have talked with JL Audio about the F112 and F113. I wanted two subs as well and the first thing the guy asked me was in regards to room size and seating position in the room and if the speakers were on the long wall or short wall. Also, positioning two subs close to the front speakers is ideal in a two channel setup. Stage size will change and add more ambience with better balance overall. If you are buying new give them a good work out because they take a while to really break in.
Paulsax, adding another doesn't mean you would bring the house down. Volume can go down but integration with mains can go up. Just depends on what you are trying to do with them. If you wanted to loosen some nails two could do that.