JL Audio f112 blown speaker?

I have/had a JL Audio f112 and I absolutely love it. About 3 months ago I changed my processor from a B&K Ref 50 to the new Classe SSP800.

About a month later my f112 started, for lack of a better term, started screeching, when I would play it. I have no idea what happend, but I unhooked the XLR connection and it would continue sporatically, even without any signal.

JL Audio was absolutely great. I sent it in and 5 days later a new one shows up at my door. Now after a month the same thing has happened with my new one.

I'm not playing them loud at all. I play video games, watch movies and listen to a lot of music.

Something is up and I am clueless what it is. It must be something in my system causing this. Any suggestions?
rshad0000

Showing 4 responses by rshad0000

Thanks guys. This is all good advice and I will give it a try.

To answer your questions...

I have the cross over on my center and surrounds set at 80hertz and my L/R set at 60hertz; plus the LFE going to the sub.

I only have the volume set to a little under halfway.

My guess is the games are just driving it really hard and compounding whatever problem I have.
Also...I have the sub, speakers, amps, processor and TV all on one circuit. I know, not ideal at all, but my room layout doesn't permit much else.
After sending in my subwoofer to JL Audio they tracked down the problem to a preamplifier component in the sub. I beat the odds and got two of them with the same exact issue in a row.

JL Audio's service can not be beat and they have taken care of me again.
Yes, thank you for everyones comments and advice. I was seriously concerned that it was something else in my system.

Like Jp1208 I am extremely satisfied with my JL Audio sub. It sounds terrific with movies and music, both, and have no intention of going any where else.