JL Audio F110 Vs F112

Would a pair of F112 be a significant improvement over a pair of F110 for hi-fi music only system?
tgonzales
Post removed 
bob_reynolds,

I understand what the research says, but in my room, with my equipment I prefer one F112 over dual F110s.
My room is 20' x 26' and I have freedom of placement. I use it for two channel and in my surround sound. I have a hybrid system.
In my listening room of a little over 13’ x 16’ I find a single SVS SB16-Ultra to blend in very well. I’ve placed it off-center to the right between my two main speakers, and has spent some time aligning it fore/aft to make for the best timing integration, as well as adding a few, small DIY bass traps in each corner behind the main speakers to help control some bass peaks and make for a more stable and saturated stereo image. Coupled with the slight use of DSP-based PEQ and phase adjust the integration is excellent, and the respons is very flat. Coverage and smoothness through multiple (usually smaller) subs may have an advantage compared to a single sub, but I would emphasize the problem with lack of timing as a severe drawback here, insofar the subs have been spread throughout the room. There’s also the issue of single, larger radiating areas vs. multiple smaller dittos for bass, where generally I have a preference for the former. I would have loved to try out a dual sub setup with the specific sub I’m using, but unfortunately space won’t allow for this experiment with a placement between or on each outside of my main speakers.
I sold my f113 for two f110 v2.  I am using primarily for 2 channel and home theater.  Very pleased with the even bass with enough slam for home theater.  I use a JL CR-1 to integrate into system
I've wanted a sub in my system for quite some time and considered going the F110 route at one point until I read a few reviews on them showing their fairy limited SPL output before resorting to higher then ideal levels of distortion.

If I remember correctly they started showing signs of stress just over 95db of output which is subpar IMO for a sub.

For this reason I wouldnt consider anything less than an F112 at minimum for my listening habits.