JL Audio 2nd sub - mix match F112 and F113?

I am running a JL Audio F113 in my HT room with great results since 2008. I also have JL Audio 4ch and 13 inch sub in my VW Tiguan, so I'm sold on their sub sound and power. I am one to balance the sound out naturally, not crank the sub beyond what is musically balanced.

I keep hearing that you really need a second sub to fill out the room. I would be looking most likely on the used market and the F112 is commonly listed secondhand but not the F113. This room is 19 by 18, not ideal like my 2 channel room but it works and sounds good.

Would it be problematic to have an F112 and an F113 in the same room? It is a mono signal isn't it. Or can things be maintained in stereo

I know probably an issue, guess I should just be patient and wait to snag another F113.

thanks
128x128audiotomb

Showing 1 response by statman

If you have the funds just buy a second F113 and be done with it. That's what I ended up doing and I bought my pair when they were new and not with a significant price break! However if you don't have enough money you can always buy a used one you can run the F112 into the F113 and use the 113 as a slave unit. Two subs will sound more cohesive and smoother in response than a single sub in a room that is able to take advantage of it.