Jelco VTA on the fly

I have received the Jelco VTA adjustment base and installed it.  Went through setup again. Has anyone else installed this?  The adjustment cog sticks on mine, what are your experiences with it, have had any problems. 

Thanks 
Mike 
zardozmike
I have a recently purchased an Easy VTA base, and it’s in use with a TK-850L (Mk 1) arm. Yes, it binds and is noisey when changing VTA. The screw that locks down the arm pillar seems to take the pillar slightly out of vertical which causes the biding against the EASY VTA base pillar hole which generates noise. A touch of lubricant on the pillar helped a little but did not completely fix the problem.

Try loosening the pillar retention screw and then adjusting the VTA. Once everything is adjusted and you have attained the VTA you want, then tighten the screws.  Also, make sure the VTA locking screw in the base (next to the arm board) is loose or it will bind or lock the pillar from moving.  That can irreparably damage the pillar.   

In spite of the problem, I would still recommend the Easy VTA base. It is solid and created tight coupling to the arm board. No sonic signature I can detect. I pretty much set the VTA and forget. Might check it every 6 months to a year.

Hi @bpoletti Good feedback. I gotta say, I'd want to tweak VTA a lot more than every 6 months. If it was super smooth like it looks in their demo, I'd do it with every record!
@noromance 

I would probably adjust my VTA a little more often, but I typically don't start listening until well-into or after my first glass of wine.  That impairs my short-term memory and changes my sensitivity to high frequency.  It may also impair my short term memory and change my sensitivity to high frequency (I'm past my first glass of wine.   ;-)  ).

I perform a turntable "tune up" from time to time.  That includes oil change and lube, belt check,  as well as VTA adjustment. 

And I have a Lyra Skala waiting for me to up the courage and sobriety to mount it onto a headshell and onto the arm.  That will happen right after the next tune up so I an A / B with the current Fraankencartridge Lyra Clavis Da Capo / Soundsmith "rebuild."  That will require fine tuning of the VTA.