Jelco SA750 D optimal cartridge alignement

Hi,

I have just installed a Jelco SA750 D with an AT 150mlx on my technics SL-1210 using the TimeStep armboard. Spindle-Arm centre distance is 214 mm.
The mounting template supplied shows the stylus tip about 2mm behind the front of the headshell yet it is impossible to set any of the various null points if the stylus is put here. I have settled on the Jelco null points of 59 & 112.5 although vinylengine also lists different null points for Stevenson, Baerwald and Lofgren B. Is there any received wisdom that one is "better" than the other and why does the stylus point not match the OEM mounting template even when using the Jelco default null points?

Regards
Steve
worrasf

Showing 1 response by bpoletti

According to the alignment calculator on VinylEngine, the Jelco recommended geometry puts the null points about an inch in from the outer adge and then just before the inner runout grooves. There are other geometries that will work with minimum changes.

I have a SA-750D and am looking at options. Some require a different headshell. The headshell for the Micro Seiki MA-505 (or compatible) would work well since there are no front or side lips to limit the cartridge position. I tried using that headshell and it works fine on the SA750D.