Jeff Rowland or Mark Levinson???

I'm looking to buy a new amp,I took a Jeff Rowland home and it sounded great. The Mark Levinson is 150lbs you just can't take one home to try, does anyone own either or and can compared these two amps company's? Thanks
jcb2000

Showing 1 response by angela100

I have to agree with Blbloom. We have a matched pair of Model 1's (they even painstakingly matched the silver faceplates for us!) and we have agreed that we will never part with them.
They are the sweetest and most musical amps as well as bullet proof!
Even though we have upgraded to tube amps, we still pull these into the chain from time to time.
The lucky thing for me is that the HT has now become our "boneyard" from the 2 channel, so I got them along with a Classe CA300 for my little project - the HT.
The service from Rowland (perfectionists to say the least!) and their excellent service tracking record really helps in knowing what you are buying before you do.
If you are looking into buying used, I would suggest that you get the serial number and give them a call. They can tell you the service history and what upgrades it has - probably give you a quote on any outstanding upgrades available.
I have no experience with Levinson to offer any direct opinions.