Jeff Rowland Criterion vs Soulution 720

Hi!
Somebody has experience of comparing of these two preamps? Now I have JR Criterion. Whether it makes sense to me to change it for Solution? Will it give something in respect of sound improving. The power amplifier - Jeff Rowland 302, loudspeakers - Magico Q3.
Michael.
grayling

Showing 3 responses by melbguy1

Guido, do you have a sense how you think the M825/Corus amps would sound with Avalon speakers..in particular the new Compas? As i'm sure you're aware, the Compas speakers were debuted in Hong Kong paired with M925 mono's.

Cheers,
Melbguy.
Thanks for your feedback Guido. The M825 delivers exactly the maximum recommended power for the Compas (750 watts @4 ohms), so I think it would have excellent control and sound effortless driving the Compas. Avalon are stage and imaging champs, so if the 825 sacrifices a bit of stage or imagine size to the mono's, it wouldn't be an issue with these speakers.

Yes I would expect the differences to be small and both amps would have a similar sonic signature. Personally I don't have the room or the funds for the mono's, so the 825 would do me just fine.
Thanks Guido, I certainly will. Mind you, I am busy for the rest of this year with other purchases, so for now my Boulder amps will be doing duties. But as we know audiophile time is like dog years. The word I am hearing is the M825 is special & should have wonderful synergy with the Avalons. Thanks also for the heads up re: break in time.

MG